Monday, December 16, 2013

Spotlight Indi

                                       Troy Blackford

Troy Blackford http://www.troyblackford.com/. What can I say, other than he's one of my favorite indi authors out there. His style reminds me of an early Jack Ketchum. Dark, eerie, speculative fiction with a ton of imagination. His  latest book, "For Those With Eyes to See", here on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CSAIC9G/?tag=viewbookat0e-20 is one of two collections of short stories, most of which have been published in some of the finest venues online and print, and has been met with much positive reviews and ranked quite high on the Amazon marketplace. For a guy who writes his stories aboard a noisy bus commuting to and from work daily, he's one of the best and most successful new indi writers out there.

I certainly cannot recommend his work enough, and encourage you to browse his Amazon site http://www.amazon.com/troyblackford/e/B005GURHUK/?tag=viewbookat0e-20 and pick up any of his books. His novella trilogy will be coming into completion in the near future, following "Critical Incident" and "Emergent Pattern", an action-packed series that will have you on the edge of your seat.  A stand alone novella, "Through the Woods", my personal favorite, about weird paranormal cats and other strange creatures, will have you eyeballing your household felines a bit more cautiously.

I hope you can support this young mans wonderful writing. He has been an inspirational influence for me getting my own writing kick-started, and I wish nothing but further success for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment